We are more than pleased to announce version 9.2 of BaseX, our XML framework, database system and XQuery 3.1 processor.
This time, we have put a special focus on performance improvements:
- comparisons will more often be rewritten to hash joins
- optimized access to subsequences and single sequence items
- consistent propagation of static types to evaluation results
- improved static typing of function items (maps, arrays)
- more aggressive pre-evaluation at compile time
- large databases will be opened faster
- regular storage offset will be computed at runtime
General XQuery Features
- no need to import basex-api modules anymore!
- Archive Module: archive:create-from, new options
- Database Module: directory-based access via db:dir
- Profiling Module: new functions (prof:gc, prof:runtime)
- Validation Module: assign XSD validation features
- WebSocket Module: query scheduling via ws:eval
- Utility Module: various new helper functions
- XSLT Module: support for XML Catalogs (thank you Liam)
- RESTXQERRORS: Suppress parsing errors at runtime
- FULLPLAN: comprehensive query plan information
- stemmer for Arabic texts added
- GUI: better support for latest JDK versions (incl. OpenJDK)
- DBA: revised search features in log panel
For a more comprehensive list of added and updated features. please check out our documentation: http://docs.basex.org/.
We are looking forward to your feedback.
Have fun with the new release, Your BaseX Team
Back to Posts