Dear XML and XQuery aficionados,
It’s been exactly 5 months since BaseX 9 was released, and we are happy to announce version 9.1 of our XML database system and XQuery 3.1 processor!
The most exciting addition is support for WebSockets, which enable you to do bidirectional (full-duplex) client/server communication with XQuery web applications:
Moreover, we have added convenient syntax extensions (ternary if, Elvis operator, if without else) to XQuery. Some of them may be made available in other implementations of XQuery as well (we’ll keep you updated):
Other new features are as follows:
- set local locks via pragmas and function annotations
- Database Module: faster processing of value index functions
- Jobs Module: record and return registration times
- ENFORCEINDEX option: support for predicates with dynamic values
- Update Module, update:output: support for caching maps and arrays
- Mac, Windows: Improved rendering support for latest Java versions
- XQuery editor: choose and display current query context
Please visit http://docs.basex.org to get a more comprehensive list of added features.
Your feedback is welcome!
Back to Posts